Frequently Asked Questions


 What are city hall office hours?

8:30 to 4:30 M-F

 What is the recycling pick up schedule?

Recycling is available to be dropped off every Wednesday, South of the city park next to 217 E. Main.  This is the same location the large dumpsters are placed.


 How do I register my golf cart?

To drive a golf cart or micro-utility vehicle in The City of Madison you must acquire a permit. To apply for a permit, please come to City Hall with a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. Permits are issued on an annual basis. There is no cost for a permit. You can learn more from Chapter 14 Article 5 of The Code of the City of Madison.

 Who do I contact to rent a lake shelter?

The lake facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No area of the lake, including the camping and electrical hook-ups and shelter houses, may be reserved for any person without special permission of the City Council

 Can I rent the shelter house at the park?

Yes! Come into City Hall to reserve the park shelter. The cost is $75.00 and if the shelter is clean when you are finished with it, you will get $35.00 back. Money goes towards The City of Madison.

 How much does it cost to camp at the lake?

If you are using a camper, the price is $20.00 per day for both residents and non-residents.

Tent camping is free for Madison residents and costs $10.00 per day for all non-residents. 


 Can City Hall copy or fax items for residents?

Yes. Copies are 25 cents a page, while faxes are $1.00 per page. 

 Do I have to register my cat?

Yes, indoor and outdoor pet cats also need to be registered with the City of Madison. Having your pets vaccinated and registered helps prevent disease. Thank you.

 When do pet tags expire?

Animal tags expire on January 1st each year. To avoid fines, please have your animals tagged by March 31st. If our annual Animal Clinic is after that date, we will allow extra time for citizens to have it done there.